Customers with Alchemy Playbook enabled, can formally create and establish course language offerings other than English for content delivery using Alchemy Manager's Playbook Content Builder.
Creating Multi-language content is easy, accessible, and will help satisfy your worksite learning needs.
- Navigate to Activities and select Course Library
- Select the "+" button to create a new course
- Select Alchemy Playbook
- Enter the course title (typed in the language of the course) & choose from the drop-down selection the Course language. There are over 150+ options to choose from. If you do not see your language offering, contact your Account Manager or Alchemy Support for assistance.
- You are now ready to start adding content to your course.
- To add more content, click ADD MORE. As a best practice, Alchemy recommends that you fully build out the entire course in the 'parent' language before performing translations.
- After building the 'parent' language of your course, you are now ready to begin crafting your other language offerings of the course.
- At the top-center of your screen click the Language selection. Then click Add Languages.
- Check the boxes next to the languages you would like to manually translate. After making your selections, click NEXT.
- Now that you have made your selections, correctly input the translated titles for the corresponding language(s). Once completed, click SAVE.
- A successful save will produce a green ribbon message at the bottom-center of the screen stating that the "...language(s) was added. Review all text, photos, and videos for accuracy."
- To switch to the new language, click the language selection in the top-center of your screen and click on the chevron next to the trash icon.
- For each element of the course that was associated with the original language, you will see orange warning messages informing you that elements for translation may be missing.
- To correct these items, click the pencil icon to Edit that specific course element. To simplify your translation needs, Alchemy recommends you click on the translation symbol like you see below to read the original language side by side with your new language offerings.
- You will repeat this step for every added element. After attending to missing translation elements, and a careful review - administrators will be able to save, close, and choose to publish their content. Simply choose which languages you wish to publish. Remember, if your newly added language offering is missing content it will not allow you to publish that course - like you see here.
IMPORTANT: PLAYBOOK DOES NOT OFFER AUTONOMOUS TRANSLATIONS. CUSTOMERS WILL NEED TO PRODUCE TRANSLATIONS AND INSERT THEM MANUALLY.
For general information about publishing a Playbook course, please see How to Build a Playbook Course in Manager,
If you are wanting to explore browser extensions that can assist you in your translation, please see Using Browser Extension for Translations in Manager.