Note: Alchemy has collected tips and suggestions from clients over the years about the Coach implementation process and has organized them into this document. Review the following pages for help in rolling out Coach to your worksites.
Centralized Ownership – Top down management is essential for success
- Identify key point(s) of contact at the corporate level who will be responsible for the overall rollout
- This person will also be the Main Point of Contact (MPOC) for Alchemy
- Create a central plan for rollout for consistency across all worksites
- Create a template that will be used across worksites
- Standardize reporting
- Create a communication plan
- Support from corporate management as well as local plant management is essential for the implementation as well the ongoing usage of Coach
Observations – Start with just a few key observations and add others as users get comfortable
- Who will be responsible for creating the Observations?
- Will the plant be able to create their own Observations or will they only utilize those from corporate?
- How will the Observations be assigned, and who will create the Learning Plans?
- What reporting will be needed?
- Who will be responsible for assigning access to Coach?
- Based on the size of the plant, the recommendation is 1 tablet per 100 employees
- Have these purchased (with covers) and ready to go before the plant is implemented
- Establish a policy for checking out the tablets if they will be shared by multiple users:
- Locked office?
- Sign-in sheet?
- Do they need to be returned before handing them off to another employee?
- Create the ability to check them out in Outlook (like a meeting room)?
- Establish a policy for maintaining the tablets
- Who will keep them charged?
- Where will they be charged?
- Who will Sync them at the beginning and end of the shifts?
- Charging stations
- Who will be responsible for downloading the Coach App
- Will need to set up a Plant Account for the device’s App Store
- Who will “own” that process to ensure that only the required App is downloaded?
- What type of security/restrictions will be placed on the tablets?
- Will the user need Internet access for other applications aside from Coach?
- Is e-mail access necessary?
- Will the camera be enabled?
- Who will be responsible for setting up the tablet with the established set up/restrictions?
Phased Roll-Out Schedule
In this first phase, start with a single plant, preferably one comfortable with Alchemy. Have the proper equipment, and identify the employees who will manage the implementation of Coach. Once you’ve done that, you are ready for your Alchemy Kick Off Call and instructional webinar.
After training, begin to create observations, and consider assigning them via Learning Plans. Alchemy recommends meeting weekly with your Coach team to track progress, identify issues, and make adjustments. As Coach begins to take hold in this first plant, start identifying plants for Phase 2.
Phase One Checklist
Now that you’ve worked out the details of Coach implementation with your first plant, identify 5 additional plants who would benefit from the application.
This rollout will look much like the previous one, except that you will have lessons that were learned from Phase One. Additionally, following up with conference calls will help you to stay on track as you identify where to go next with Coach.
Phase Two Checklist
After the first two phases you can begin to add more and more plants, and Alchemy recommends a pace of about 10 per week.
The rollout process will be very familiar by now, and we encourage you to continue meeting weekly via conference call to track progress, identify issues, and make adjustments.
Phase Three Checklist