Note: Importing Historical Records into the Manager website allows you to report on older training records or events held off-site—all along with your current training records. This process includes creating Instructor-Led (ILT) courses, plus a spreadsheet of the classes that occurred under those courses. Alchemy Support will finalize the process by importing the courses for you.
Create / Import Historical Records
Step 1: Create Instructor-led Trainings (ILTs) in your Manager website
Each historical training topic will need its own Instructor-led course, and the individual classes will be created in Step 2. There are two options for creating the courses:
A. Create the courses yourself.
For instructions on how to do this, see Manager: Activities > Create an Instructor-Led Training (ILT).
B. Fill out our Course Import Spreadsheet.
This spreadsheet will give us the information we need to import the courses as ILT’s so the Historical Record Import can be done.
- Column A= Course Name
- Column B= Course Code (Unique Course Code that must also match column B on the Historical Records Import)
- Column C = Course Category (this will always be Company Specific)
- Column D= Worksite
- Column E= Credit Hours
Please contact your Implementation Manager, or Client Support for a copy of the Course Import Spreadsheet.
Step 2: Create a historical spreadsheet of the classes that were taken
After the necessary courses are created, fill in the information mentioned below into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (XLS) in the following format:
- Column A= User ID (this ID has to match an existing User ID in Manager to receive proper credit)
- Column B= Course Code (Unique Course Code)
- Column C= Credit Start Date and Timestamp (time defaults to midnight if left blank)
- Column D= Credit End Date and Timestamp (time defaults to midnight if left blank)
- Column E= Timezone (timezone defaults to Central Standard Time)
- Column F= Status 'P' pass or 'F' fail
Step 3: Email the spreadsheet to Support for importation
Send the spreadsheet to email@example.com. Alchemy Support will import the Historical Records.