Note: Alchemy has collected tips and suggestions from clients over the years about the Coach implementation process and has organized them into this document. Review the following pages for help in rolling out Coach to your worksite.
Centralized Ownership – Top down management is essential for success
- Identify key Point(s) of Contact at the corporate level who will be responsible for the overall rollout
- This person will also be the Point of Contact for Alchemy
- Create a central plan for rollout for consistency across the departments
- Create a template that will be used across departments
- Standardize reporting
- Create a communication plan
- Support from corporate management as well as local plant management is essential for the implementation as well the ongoing usage of Coach
Observations – Start with just a few key observations and add others as users get comfortable
- Who will be responsible for creating the observations?
- Will the plant be able to create their own observations or will they only utilize those from corporate?
- How will the observations be assigned, and who will create the Learning Plans?
- What reporting will be needed?
- Who will be responsible for assigning access to Coach?
- Based on the size of the plant, the recommendation is 1 tablet per 100 employees
- Have these purchased (with covers) and ready to go before the plant is implemented
- Establish a policy for checking out the tablets if they will be shared by multiple users:
- Locked office?
- Sign-in sheet?
- Do they need to be returned before handing them off to another employee?
- Create the ability to check them out in Outlook (like a meeting room)?
- Establish a policy for maintaining the tablets
- Who will keep them charged?
- Where will they be charged?
- Who will Sync them at the beginning and end of the shifts?
- Charging stations?
- Who will be responsible for downloading the Coach App
- Will need to set up a Plant Account for the device’s App Store
- Who will “own” that process to ensure that only the required App is downloaded?
- What type of security/restrictions will be placed on the tablets?
- Will the user need Internet access for other applications aside from Coach?
- Is e-mail access necessary?
- Will the camera be enabled?
- Who will be responsible for setting up the tablet with the established set up/restrictions?
It is helpful to start in a single department, preferably the one most comfortable with Alchemy. Have the proper equipment, and identify the employees who will manage the implementation of Coach. Once you’ve done that, you are ready for your Alchemy Kick Off Call and instructional webinar.
After training, begin to create observations, and consider assigning them via Learning Plans. Alchemy recommends meeting weekly with your Coach team to track progress, identify issues, and make adjustments.
Choose a department to start with
Purchase equipment and install software
Identify “owners” of the rollout and implementation
Schedule Kick Off Call
Attend Coach webinar
Create and assign observations
Meet to track progress and identify issues