Note: The Alchemy Platform offers a number of training options for both single user and groups. The information below is meant to expand on the single user options, and why one might be used over the other.
Kiosk Mode - Player
Kiosk is the individual user side of the Player software. It is a great option for front-line workers to make up training that was originally done in a group setting. Turn your designated training computers into Kiosks where users can login on their own to take training that you specify.
- No Internet connection required
- Access from dedicated training computer with Player
- Visibility to selected Playlists and Learning Plans
- Users sign-in with their last name and user ID, or badge reader
- Option to set a facilitator
To learn more about taking courses in Kiosk Mode, visit Player: Training > Using Kiosk Mode.
eLearning - Manager
eLearning is the user side of the Manager website. This is a great option especially for users who have ready access to a computer with internet. Users can log in and see training activities and Learning Plans assigned to them, and choose which courses to take. They will also have the option to see their transcripts from past training sessions.
- Requires internet connection
- Access from any connected computer through Manager
- Visibility to assigned Learning Plans and User Transcripts
- Sign-in with username and password
- No facilitator option
To learn more about taking courses in eLearning, visit eLearning: Taking an eLearning Course.
Playbook Learner Mode - Playbook
Learner mode is a feature within the Playbook mobile app. It allows learners to take Playbook, Alchemy and Creator courses on their mobile device. This is a great option that allows for social distancing and minimizes surface contact, while being able to train on the floor.
- Mobile learning solution
- Minimizes need for shared devices
- Does not require internet connection (if courses are downloaded to the device)
- Learners will see courses assigned to them through Learning Plans and Job Qualification
To learn more about taking courses in Playbook Learner Mode, visit Playbook: Training > Learner Mode