Note: If you use training DVDs, you may be able to add that content to your Player as a Company-Specific course. This would enable a more seamless training session and provide the same automatic tracking and testing that is available with Alchemy Courseware.
Read the following legal and technical considerations to determine if it is possible to proceed. If so, instructions for transferring your DVD files for use in a Company Specific Course are below.
- It is legal to copy unencrypted DVD files to your training computer using the steps provided
- It is illegal to copy encrypted DVD files. The steps provided will not work with encrypted files
- This article refers to the .IFO file type and structure that is found on most DVDs. Your file types and structure may vary
- If your computer can run the file without Alchemy, then you will be able to run the file with Alchemy
- A number of programs are available to run videos on your computer (e.g., VLC Player, PowerDVD) Windows Media Player is not recommended
- While Player has no file size restrictions, please be aware of your computer’s hard drive limitations
- Visit support.microsoft.com if you need additional navigation instructions for your Windows operating system
Copy DVD Content to Client Media Folder
- Insert disc in to the DVD drive of training computer
- Select Start Menu
- Select Computer
- Select DVD Drive
- Copy All Files in the folder
- Paste files into Client Media Folder
- Once these files have been added to the Client Media Folder, you can launch Player to play the content.
Playing the DVD Content in Player
- Launch Player
- Select Download at the opening of the Administrative Settings pop-up to ensure all available content is updated
- Navigate to the Activities tab and expand the Company Specific category
- Select the desired course and add to the Scheduled Activities
- Navigate to the Enrollment tab and enroll users in the course
- Navigate to the Play tab and select Play