Note: The Auto-updater is a feature for Player version 8 and higher. It is going to make installing updates for your Player instance much easier.
Recommended Path: Auto-updates for Player
How to get the auto update:
- When you open Player, the Main tab will appear and start the usual download, this is when Player will check for updates
- If an update is available, Player will start to download the update
- This occurs in the background, you can still run your training with the download happening.
- Once the update has be downloaded, a yellow banner will appear under the tabs
- If you are not about to start a training, click on the banner
- This will close Player and install the update. Player will auto-relaunch with the new update.
Without the Auto-updater
By default, customers will get auto-updates through Player. If you or your company wishes to dis-able the auto-updates, please reach out to your Account Manager. Once disabled, you will receive communication about updates through email communication.
How to get updates:
- Click on the link to the available Player update
- Download the installer and run the update
- Player must be closed in order for the update to install