Note: Merging users is an option for those with Platinum (Customer Admin) Access in Manager. If you have duplicate users that are in your User Listing follow the steps below to merge the users. This does not include similar users that are in Validate Users(Player). To merge similar users that are in Validate Users(Player), see the article User Validation and Preventing Duplicates.
Option 1: Merge in User Listing
- In User Listing, select the box next to the names of the users' that need to be merged
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and select the Merge button
- A pop-up window will ask which user profile you wish to keep; select the user that will be kept
- Click Merge
- This will delete the user that is not selected and merge the training records and assign any learning plans to the selected user
- Confirm you want to merge the duplicate user with the selected user
Option 2: Merge in User Properties
- In User Listing, click on the name or user ID of the user that you want to keep
- At the top, you will see if there are similar users. Click View Similar to review the information.*
- You will be asked if the duplicate user can be deleted after merging with the current user. If there are multiple similar users, select which user to merge with.
- Click Merge
- Confirm you want to merge the duplicate user with the current user
If you believe a similar user exists but is not listed in the User Listing:
- Check "Validate Users (Player)" for the similar user - for more information, see the article User Validation and Preventing Duplicates
- Verify the spelling of the user’s name in the User's Profile and edit if incorrect.
- Another issue that could prevent a similar user from appearing is that the name is associated with a different Worksite; contact the Support Team to transfer the user before you merge.