SCORM is the technical, under-the-hood language that allows one platform to share content with another platform. Stated another way, consistently following that Reference Model – the technical specifications - is what makes the content shareable – viable – across different eLearning platforms.
What Alchemy supports
Alchemy supports eLearning content that follows the standard of SCORM 2004, 3rd Edition
Standard Publish Settings
- SCORM 2004, 3rd Edition
- Determined passing designation by:
- Viewing all slides, or
- Passing any associated quizzes
- LMS Reporting: Complete / Incomplete
- Zipped file
If the standard settings don’t work...
- LMS Reporting
- Instead of Complete / Incomplete, try Pass / Fail, Completed / Failed, etc
- SCORM Settings
- SCORM 1.2 (try this with 3rd party content)
- AICC (try this if the 3rd party SCORM content is hosted remotely)
Test for compliance
- Use SCORM Cloud
- Navigate to https://cloud.scorm.com/
- Obtain a free login
- Upload the zipped SCORM file to test your content on the same SCORM engine that Alchemy uses
- Run in Manager with a test user:
- Does it run?
- Does the Resume feature work?
- Does failing the course result in an In Progress?
- Does passing the course result in a Complete?