Note: Overview of functions and features for Kiosk Mode, which is a full screen, automatic, single-user style of Player. Features available in Player 7.0+; refer to “Using Kiosk Mode” for instructions on operating Kiosk Mode.
Set up and activate Kiosk Mode
- From the Admin Ribbon in Player select Admin Settings
- Select Kiosk Settings; enter password if prompted (default password: alchemy)
- Check the box next to Enable Kiosk Mode
- Choose Settings for Kiosk Facilitator, Automatic Logout and Activities options (see Kiosk Mode Options below for details)
- Select OK to save settings.
- Select Yes to verify that you want Player to restart in Kiosk Mode
Player will close and relaunch in Kiosk Mode
Turn Off Kiosk Mode
- From Kiosk mode, select the Admin Login button
- Sign in with your Administrator password (default password: alchemy)
- Select Yes to verify that you wish to turn off Kiosk Mode and restart in normal mode
- Kiosk will close and relaunch in normal group based training mode
Kiosk Mode Options
- Enable Kiosk Mode
- Select this option to train a single User
- Kiosk Mode replaces Mouse Mode in most instances, and can be run with or without a Facilitator.
- Kiosk Facilitator
Select this option to identify the facilitator responsible for setting up the session
- Administrator must identify Facilitator immediately upon selecting this option
- This option sets the Facilitator for all Kiosk training until the Facilitator is changed
- Data collected for Reporting
- Repeat ‘In Progress’
Select this to allow User to repeat courses that have been previously completed as “In Progress.”
- If checked: Kiosk will display “In Progress” course with a Play button to repeat course. Example: The user gets several questions wrong and does not pass the course. With In Progress selected, the user will have the opportunity to take the course again immediately.
- If unchecked: “In Progress” course will display “In Progress” status but will not have a Play button
- Automatic Logout
Select to automatically exit a session after a period of inactivity. A Warning notification will appear prior to shutting down. Set Timeout in accordance with longest Company-Specific video. To keep the program active (and prevent a timeout) the user must interact with the screen by answering questions and advancing to the next activities.
- Timeout: 30 minutes
- Warning: 30 seconds
- Minimum - Maximum:
- Timeout: 1 - 999 minute(s)
- Warning: 30 - 999 seconds
- Playlists and Learning Plans
Select Playlists that will be visible in Kiosk Mode.
- Select a single Playlist: User will not need to select an activity; Playlist will be available already
- Select multiple Playlists: User must choose which Playlist will play
- Show All Activities in Kiosk
Select to make all training activities (Courses, Tests, Evaluations) are available in Kiosk Mode.
- User must choose which activities will play