Note: An Instructor-Led Training (ILT) may be used to track activities outside of the Alchemy platform. An example of this could be in person CPR training from a third party. It is important to note that an ILT consists of the Course and the individual class times. Multiple classes can be created for an ILT Course. Follow these steps to create an ILT.
To learn how to create a class for an existing ILT, see Manager: Activities > Add a Class to an Existing ILT Course.
Adding ILT Courses in Alchemy Manager - Compliance
Our platform is designed to comply with 21CFR11 the FDA regulation for Electronic Records; Electronic Signatures. An administrator with sufficient access to Alchemy Manager can create ILT Courses and can add class times and roster associations; however, Manager does not allow any administrator to add themselves to an ILT class roster. This is to ensure compliance with ‘21CFR11.200 (a) (3) Misuse requires collaboration of two (2) or more individuals’.
Creating the Course and Initial Session
- Navigate to Activities > Courses
- Select the "+" button to create a new course
- In the Course format select Instructor-led (ILT)
- Fill in the required fields for the course (see description of fields below)
- Type in a unique Course title, making sure to follow your company’s naming convention
- Optional: If the course you are creating is intended to fulfill a training requirement for an existing course, select Link to existing course parent and make a selection from the Parent course drop-down menu. If this is a new course, leave as is.
- Select the course Language from the drop down
- Select the Worksite(s) for which the class is intended
- Course Code - enter a unique alphanumeric code (once the course is created you will not be able to edit the Course Code)
- Optional: add any course notes, competencies or an external ID
- Click ADD
- Once you have added the course, you can add sessions with users who participated. Select + SESSION
- Give the session a name and facilitator (optional), and add session date/times (required)
- Click +/-USERS to enroll the users who participated/will participate in the session
- Select the users, and then click APPLY
- Click SAVE to save your changes
- Note that the user status in the ILT is by default complete. To change a status, click on the drop down and select In Progress. You can also change the statuses of all the enrolled users
You can add additional sessions by repeating steps 6-10 above.